Heron View Room
The Heron View Room, located in our Heron’s Roost 4-Unit Cabin, offers stunning views of the bay and mountains. Located across Beach Drive from, and overlooking our waterfront cabins, this compact, cabin-like room has a spectacular view of Resurrection Bay, and the mountains beyond. This room is on the 2nd floor of the Heron’s Roost building, which is pictured below. Completely modern with our same touches of comfort.
Named for the large spruce trees in which Great Blue Herons roost, these peaceful surroundings are a bit “off the beaten path” with the ocean just outside your windows! Below we provide you an overview of this special room. Don’t miss the photo gallery and guest book! Be sure to leave enough time to enjoy this special spot! You’ll find everything you need for a perfect stay!
Heron View Room Amenities
- Tobacco Free Property
- 1 Great Queen Bed
- 2 Rocker Glider Chairs
- Private Bathroom
- Shower w/ massage head
- Combo Body Hair Wash
- Electric heater w/ thermostat control
- DirectTV w/ ESPN, DVD player w/ Alaska Videos
- AK reading materials
- Outside propane BBQ Grill
- Outside Ice Chest
- Free on-site parking
- Free high speed wi-fi on site
Heron View Room Guest Book Quotes
“Beautiful place!” “We were only able to stay for one night in the beautiful Angels Rest but we truly enjoyed it. The drive over from Anchorage is just breathtaking and the view out the front windows is incredible. Thank you for the beautiful place.”
“We loved our little piece of heaven here at Angels Rest – the view from the rockers was perfect, the sunrise beyond description. Thank you!”
“Heron’s View is a cozy spot to base Seward activities from.”
“It is an Angel’s Rest! View is awesome-room very comfortable. We had everything we needed to cook some fresh sockeye salmon & halibut. We enjoyed walking on the beach talking to some locals – everyone is so friendly. Very well done! As a former B&B wonder from NC you get 5 stars!” “We really enjoyed our stay in your lovely Heron’s View! The view was spectacular! The chairs are a lovely touch.”
“We enjoyed your beautiful “nest” in the trees – the view is spectacular with the water, mountain & snow. Thanks for the stay.”
1 Night Stay
2 Night Stay
3-5 Night Stay
6 + Nights
May 21st-sept 9th
The weather, the world and life are unpredictable ~ We strongly encourage travelers to protect their travel and vacation investment, and make the small investment in Trip or Travel Cancellation Insurance. Protect your Vacation Investment with the wise purchase of this very affordable insurance! We’re proud to offer you a fabulous opt-in Insurance options from Insure My Trip. Find the right policy for you, or if you prefer, when you make your reservation, we will also give you a fully licensed Alaska Travel Agent that you may contact who can also help you with a policy.
- *Next to a rate indicates that there may be minimum stay requirements; all one night stays are subject to management approval unless they fill a one night opening.
- All Units have maximum occupancy ratings of 2 guests per unit regardless of age, and all guests must be registered; guests found violating the maximum occupancy rating without Management Approval, will be charged a minimum penalty of $250 and any remaining reservation will be cancelled.
- All Units are semi-self-catering, well stocked with supplies; rates include housekeeping visits after every 3 nights.
- Additional housekeeping visits are available for $10 per visit.
- All rates are subject to local taxes (currently just 3%) (if you are shopping rates, be sure to compare tax rates!).
- Kitchenettes are stocked with all the supplies you need to prepare food, no meals are provided.
- Depending on the unit, 2 or 3 minimum night advance booking requirements normally apply, unless a smaller opening exists.
- Weekend advance reservations normally require a 2 night minimum stay.
- 1 night stays are usually only available if we have a one night opening; please contact us for further information.
- We are a “Share the Air Inside & Out” Tobacco-Free Property ~ Our ENTIRE Property Outside, and All Cabins & Units are Tobacco Free. We do ask that you leave the property if you must smoke.
- All cabins and rooms are also allergy-friendly & pet-free, except the View Nest which is our one pet-friendly unit (available upon request) All pets must be pre-registered ~ ask for our pet policy (fees apply).
- Our Guest Services/Office Building is NOT allergy friendly; we have 2 dogs, only one of which is hypo-allergenic
- ALL RESERVATIONS require payment as guarantee, normally submitted within 72 hours of booking. Payment will be submitted through PayPal, via a link in your Confirmation Email. If you don’t have or want a PayPal account, we can email a PayPal Invoice that can be paid without a PayPal account. If time allows, with management approval, payment may be mailed. Mailed payments may qualify for a discount.
- To take advantage of the Cash discount, the following must apply:
- Cash payments for Out of State guests ~ Reservations must be booked direct and made more than 60 days in advance to allow payment to arrive and clear. We ask for a valid credit card as a guarantee to hold your reservation.
- Cash payments for Alaskan guests ~ Reservations must be booked direct and made more than 45 days in advance to allow payment to arrive and clear.
- GROUP BOOKINGS and MULTIPLE ROOM RESERVATIONS may have the option of breaking payment into two installments. Ask for details!
- We accept All payment methods PayPal supports. We also accept Travelers’ Checques, Money Orders, and Cash
CASH DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!! Save $ by paying cash Book Direct for this option.
- Rates are subject to change without notice; your cabin or room rate will be guaranteed at the time of booking.
- To take advantage of any booking specials, you must book directly and make your reservation when the special is running, or mention any promotion at the time of booking.
- Gift Certificates Available; when redeeming, please be sure to mention at the time of booking.